Thursday, September 25, 2008

Top 3 for the Day

Today was interesting to say the least. Three things on my mental list to blog about.

We were running late this morning and I forgot to pack Lucas's lunch the night before like I usually do. I always put a note in Lucas's lunch box and he loves it and it makes me feel good too. Today on the way to school I realized in my morning rush that I forgot to put the note in! I was so sad! I told Lucas I was sorry I forgot the note and he was all,"No big deal Mom. I already know what you're going to say anyway!" This is not the first time Lucas has said this about me. Joe says it's because I'm predictable. I say it's because I am consistent. It's not the same thing!



Emma made up this song during lunch today that was so cute, or at least I thought so. I have to add that it was of course sung at the top of her lungs repeated several times in a way only a four year old can. It was basically the B-I-N-G-O song but with the names of our family inserted with something about each person. It went a little something like this:

There was a dad that goes to work and daddy is his name-O D-A-D-D-Y, D-A-D-D-Y, D-A-D-D-Y, and Daddy was his name-O. There was a boy who likes to go to school and Lucas was his name-O L-U-C-A-S, etc... There was a baby who was so cute and Molly was her name-O M-O-L-L-Y, etc... There was a mom who likes to play make-up with Emma and Mommy is her name-O M-O-M-M-Y, etc... (this one cracked me up!) There was a girl who likes to play pets and ponies and Emma is her name-O (now stretching to make the 4 letters of her name fit the 5 letter pattern ) E-M _ M-A, E-M_M-A , etc...

She can be so cute and so funny, which is good because she can make me so incredibly frustrated the very next minute. Leading us to the 3rd thing...



I was feeding William (the baby I watch during the week) It was supposed to be "quiet time", but to Emma it meant "mom's too busy with the baby let me go play with stuff I shouldn't time". She came down the hallway with marker all over her leg. I was interrogating her trying to find out what exactly she'd been up to. I told her to go get the lid. A few minutes later she appears with a lid covered in glue. "The lid fell in the glue. It was already open," she claims. Glue in my room, on my bed, on my carpet, in one of my, shoes!!!!! I wanted to kill her. Tried to think of the worst punishment for Emma who basically responds to no forms of punishment. Then I remember her ice cream from lunch that I promised she could have after quiet time. I ate it and right in front of her too. I know, I'm so mean, but it felt good. This is not her first inappropriate spontaneous "craft" project recently. Oh Emma! What am I going to do with you???

No comments: