Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm back! Did you miss me?


Well, now that the holidays are officially over I am out of excuses for not blogging. The holidays were good to us. We LOVE LOVE having Christmas at home! It's wonderful. Sorry families, no offense. We love all the sledding and the big Christmas Eve dinner and tracking Santa on the computer, waking up to stockings in our beds followed by a whole day of staying home in our cute new Christmas pj's and playing with all of our Christmas loot and just being together. This year we got a Wii and it is safe to say we are all in love, even Molly. Poor Devin Soleberg really needs a Wii!




We had a great time on our trip to Michigan. It was full of late nights and game playing and of course hooking up the Wii to the projector in the library. Oh, and don't forget the 2 days with no power!!! Thanks goodness for generators, gas stoves, and gas water heaters. Joe and I also got a night out together at the bed and breakfast we stayed at on our wedding night. It was oh so fabulous and romantic. Being married for 7 years has been amazing and I am still so crazy in love. We are kind of sickening to be around sometimes, but I don't care!



We are so so happy to be home and back to routine. If only I could get my house totally recovered now... maybe someday. The new year brings a fresh start and new hopes for the future. More resolve to do the things I should and stop the things I shouldn't. Mostly I am hoping not to get addicted to facebook and to break my addiction to reading the Twilight series over and over again. Who needs to read about Edward when I have my own real life version? In all honesty neither of those things are likely to happen. I just want to continue to grow and be the best version of myself. That is my goal for 2009. Tonight my husband is working very late, Molly has a fever and Emma is having a hard time staying in her bed. I don't think we are going to have everyone healthy here until spring! Time to go be that best version of myself I was talking about and tuck my darling Emma back into bed for the 1000th time tonight!

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

Yes we did miss you! What a fun, happy, uplifting post. It is so cute to see you all in your christmas pjs and looking all spiffed up in that other photo. Keep posting!

Amber and The Boys said...

You look SUPER good in that picture!