Thursday, April 16, 2009

I hear a beat...how sweet

Today I had an OB appointment and I actually got to meet my doctor for the first time. I don't know that I will ever love any doctor like I did my old one, but I am willing to try. She seems nice enough and I guess we will see as time goes on. I did ask about inductions, since I have NEVER actually gone into labor on my own. She said she won't let me go more than 2 weeks over. She wants to give my body a chance to do what it's supposed to. 2 weeks!!! I think a week over is plenty. If I go 2 weeks over I will be having this baby on Halloween! So the doctor and I are getting to know each other and we will talk some more about going 2 weeks over as things progress. The best part about today was finally getting to hear that precious heart beat. It was the most wonderful sound. I had seen the heart beat on an earlier ultrasound, but it was much sweeter getting to hear it for the first time. I am already getting anxious to meet this little one, but there is still a long way to go.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Heartbeats are definitely precious! Hope you only have to go 1 week over. You could always fudge on your LMP date... :)

Sarah said...

So precious- glad to hear!

Heather said...

Amazing. :) Glad you had such a sweet experience.

P.S.
I'd like to add you to my list of people to add as blog readers, but I need your email address. Wanna send that to me?

The Skaggs Family said...

Happy Mother's Day!