Wednesday, April 8, 2009

March Madness McGuire Style...

* This is especially for my Aunt Karen who was apparently complaining about my lack of blogging over Easter weekend. You know I love you!!!


I am a blog slacker and you all have let me know it in oh so many ways. So I'm back or at least I am playing catch up on all the major things from the last month. Sit back and enjoy because this is going to be a LONG post.

1. My sweet little Molly Genevieve turned 2! I really can't believe that she is 2. It still makes me sad. Time goes by so fast and they just keep growing up. It feels like only yesterday she so dramatically entered the world. 2 weeks in the NICU and then 4 weeks after that we moved to Wisconsin with a tiny baby on tons of medication and an apnea monitor. Molly is still small but she is mighty and spunky. She is very playful and she has the most girly little giggle. Molly has some serious hero worship going on with big sister and would rather die than be separated from her. I hope my girls always stay this close. Molly loves all things Diego and is just starting to pretend play. Molly also is a Taylor Swift fan. Multiple times a day she turns the cd on in the cd player and dances her little heart out and sings a long! It has been a whirlwind romance with my youngest daughter these past 2 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Finally a kid who looks like me and broke through those McGuire genes (not that they're not good looking genes)!



2. Back in January my beautiful sweet Emma got glasses, cute pink glasses and she loves them. We thought that was the end of the story... but it wasn't. We went back to the eye doctor for a check up and her vision had not improved. Emma has amblyopia, sometimes called a lazy eye. We had noticed her one eye sometimes crossing which is why went went to the eye doctor in the first place. The doctor seemed to think that just getting glasses would help, but it didn't help at all. We left the eye doctor with the news that Emma would have to wear a patch over her strong eye to force her brain into using her weak eye. So now Emma has to wear her patch every day for 8 hours. It was shocking news and I was really emotional about it. Emma is doing amazingly well wearing her patch. The first day was a battle with lots of tears, but since then we've had no problems. She even brings me her patch every morning to put on! I am so proud of her! The patch Emma wears is kind of like a big band-aid. We did order some with cute designs on them for my girlie girl. She's all about accessorizing these days. My big concern is how long are we going to have to do this for. The doctor was unwilling to give me any kind of time frame other than,"at least a year". The hope is that with total compliance that the number of hours will go down every few months as her eye improves.



Other Emma news... On Friday Emma has kindergarten screening which is the first step in trying to get Emma to kindergarten early. She misses the cut off date by 2 days and she's so ready for school. Next week Emma starts her tap class again and later in the summer she going to try her hand at soccer. Emma is doing great despite her present challenges. She is such a good sister and always very willing to help.

3. Oh, and I turned 29 for only the first of many times to come.


4. This is for the 2 people who don't know or haven't figured it out yet...

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We couldn't be more excited! I am 13 weeks and due on October 19th, grandpa Bill's birthday. And yes, I am only 13 weeks even though I have been showing for a good 8 weeks now! So much for keeping a secret. The kids are really excited and Lucas is really hoping for a brother. "Please no more girls Mom!" I am a little nervous about having a baby in a place that is so unfamiliar, but Cindy has promised to come stay when the baby comes.

5. I think that's about all I can handle for now. We had a great Easter weekend that came at the end of a great spring break (pictures to come). We took a little mini vacation to Rockford, Illinois and swam in the pool and played miniature golf and go karts. This week Molly has a terrible cold and Joe is in San Fransisco for the week. We are a little sad and lonely without Joe, but we are hanging in there. Time to get the kids to bed. Molly already went to bed at 6 because she wasn't feeling well. Here's a little treat for all of you who love to complain about how you need a new picture of all 3 of the kids.

This is as good as it gets!

10 comments:

Hannah said...

I love your girls dresses!! Welcome back to the blogging world. We missed you.

joe said...

The sun was very bright. Lucas couldn't open his eyes to save his life. :)

Karen said...

I am so glad you are back....I have missed hearing about the kids! Emma is so cute with her patch..she will do fine. Congrats on the baby....hope it is a little boy for Lucas. We love and miss you all!

Lanes said...

Yea! Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! I hope you are feeling ok!

The Skaggs Family said...

Congratulations on your expectancy! I pray that you and the baby will be safe and healthy. Your due date is same as one of my sister's birthday. Jeff was teasing me(maybe he was really serious)that he could "smell" that I was pregnant. He's weird. I told him that's not funny. And that was like 2wks ago. I don't think that I am. But you never know. The last one I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 19wks along! I need a break from being pregnant.......I hope Emma's eye gets better........
Jadyn has the same dress as the girls. She hasn't gotten a chance to wear it yet. Maybe next week for church.....oh yeah I've been emailing you at your yahoo address. I haven't had any replies, so do you not use that address anymore?........Try to get plenty of rest. I know it will be hard when you already have 3 other kids to entertain. Miss you guys. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - we are so excited for you guys!

The Royal Buffington's said...

Ha! I knew it!!! Congrats!

Cindy said...

Great blog. Thanks for getting back into it. It somehow makes us not so far apart. Who knows, maybe someday I'll join the blogging world. We miss you guys!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, McGuires!!! If you need anything at all as October rolls around, let me know!!! Woohoo!

hellokittiemama said...

Thanks for adding my blog to your blogroll!!!

I saw that you have a little princess with Amblyopia too. That is great she is accepting the patch. We are hitting a rough spot lately with Belle finding every reason to take it off. She does like to accessorize with it and the "band-aid" style irritates her skin. Which adhesive one are you using??

I Look forward to updates! Also, if you ever want to share your little girls journey over on my blog, I welcome it - looking for more amblyopia adventures to share.

~MT
Amblyopia Kids