Friday, February 27, 2009

Molly in the morning...


One of my most favorite things is getting Molly out of bed in the morning. She wakes up sooo happy everyday. As soon as I walk in her room she starts running laps around her bed and jumping. Then she starts talking and babbling so fast that I can't understand a word she says. It's like she had the best dream and she can't wait to tell me all about it. She showers me with tons of hugs and kisses on the way to change her diaper and then she starts with the family list. Every morning she goes down the list...

"Where's Dad?" ..... "Dad's at work."
"Where's Bubba?" ..... "Bubba's at school."
"Where's Memma" ..... "Memma's playing down stairs."
"Where's Mimi (mommy)" ..... "I don't know. Where?" ... "Right there!"
(repeat 10 times)

Then it's off to breakfast where Molly tells me she wants cho's and toes (cheerios and toast) and nik (milk) please. The rest of the day she's a typical almost 2 year old with tantrums, moments of joy and silliness, and the beloved afternoon nap, but mornings with Molly are sweet and special and something to get out of bed for.

3 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! I wish Lorelai would talk that much!

Cheryl said...

Shawna,
This is so delightful. Keep writing and posting please! I love reading this blog.

Love,
Cheryl

Hannah said...

Perhaps I should send Orion over to watch Molly. He could learn a thing or two. Yippee for happy mornings!